Skip to content
Picky Eater? Try These Tips:
- To add fresh greens to diet… try chopping fresh spinach in a food processor and add it to your tomato/spaghetti sauce !
- To add more whole grains… Substitute Bulgur wheat for ground beef in your favorite recipe.
- Raw vegetables retain more of their nutrient value than cooked ones… try some new raw vegetables served with your favorite dip.
- Try cooking some vegetarian dishes, like Veggie Lasagna.
- Make salads using dark leafy greens, such as spinach, arugula, or green leaf lettuce… and add fresh fruit (grapes or mandarin oranges) or dried fruit (raisins, craisins) and a fruity dressing to make them more interesting to children’s palates.
- Replace candy with dried or fresh fruit.
- Buy whole grain and unsweetened cereals to use as snacks and mix with dried fruit to add sweetness.
- Yogurt has roughly the same nutrient content (ounce for ounce) as milk… and can be a source of fruit with its vitamin C
- Melt a small amount of cheese over cooked vegetables to make them more palatable to children.
- Try substituting soy or other vegetarian products in your meat dishes… many are quite tasty and your kids may never know the difference!